Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall seeing better documented rear wheel power in a 65-73 Mustang than the 454 HP, 510 Ft-Lbs TT331FB just posted. That's alot of power to the ground in one of these vintage tin cans!
Anyone else on this board with comparable or better power?

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I think my last Dyno run a couple years back was 527 or 37 at RWP I don't remember the Torque # but if I get a chance I will look for the sheet later today. There was more left in motor as we had fuel starving issue at 6000 figure another 30-40hp but haven't been back since put in the higher rate fuel pump.

Mark

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Kent (KKPony) had a bit over 600HP if I recall, I am not sure what the torque number was.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
in a month or two I can probably top that number with a AOD transmission.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I am sure there are big block lurkers with much more.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
mine will be a small block.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Wow, would be interested in specs on that one Steve. Did you ever sell the 68 390Gt Sunlit gold car ? I sure liked that one. Almost identical to my first stang at 15, except small block car. I mowed a lot of lawns to buy that car ! (-: The CJ is new for you isn't it ??

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Never had it on the chassis dyno, but the engine dynoed (flywheel) at 601.6 hp and 594.1 ft-lbs. see below.

http://home.comcast.net/~rodaks/wsb/media/145012/site1036.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
We stopped the pull on the engine dyno at 7K. At that point I had ~540 HP and it was still climbing. Eric beats my torque numbers really well though. His are lots higher and start sooner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts