Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody has used either of these products in their cooling system with anti-freeze and had success?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I've got WaterWetter in mine, I think I'm getting some relief.

I think it's worth a couple of buck, my 2 cents.

::

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I tried Water Wetter last year. Looked like MAYBE 5 degrees difference, not really worth the price.

On the other hand, the aluminum crossflow radiator I installed works GREAT !

K

·
0 Posts
My 390 used to puke all the time. Now it may have been overfilled but I always add WW now and puking has stopped. Now 'cooler' is a relative term :p.
Its probably all in my mind but hey whats a couple bucks and not hurt anything?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I run pure distilled water with water wetter (no coolant). It does seem to work, and it is alot nicer to clean up when changing intakes,radiators, hoses, ect.. I do not live in a climate that has freezing temps though...

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I'm running Water Wetter and distilled water in my cooling system and the car seems a lot more tolerant of those nasty sitting and idling situations after being run hard on the highway. It never pukes now and the temperature stays much lower. If you mix this stuff with antifreeze it will pretty much compromise it's effects. Then you get the 5* results cited above. I'd gone through all the other cooling remedies including flex fan, three row radiator, shroud, block flush, etc. The car would run cooler at highway speeds but would get very hot in traffic. The Water Wetter made the difference (that and losing the flex fan).

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Lots of responses to water wetter, anyone running purple ice?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts