Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to make a quick post.
Sitting at a stop light in the 65' and a beautiful burnette pulls up next to me in an Acura.
Now any other time, this girl would never have noticed me... but in the mustang things are different.
She turns to me and says "Nice car", then proceeds to ask about the engine, transmission, etc.
(Did I mention that she was gorgeous)....
We talk for a bit and part ways as the light turns green (thankfully, it is a long light).

What is funny is if I am out driving my Dakota... I am pretty much invisible.... the mustang seems to get more attention than I ever do with the ladies. It never fails, ever time that I go out I get wrapped up in a conversation with some girl that starts off with a simple comment about the car.

Anyone else experience this?

BTW, forgot to mention that I was happily married and was on my way home during the conversation.... lol.

"Mustangs, helping the average guy with the ladies"

Thanks all.

Eric

·
Registered
680 Posts
Don't know about strange women, but, most of the time, my wife wishes it had a new home.....In 6 years, she has ridden in it twice.....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
... I'd go to jail if I acted on any of the girls it makes me popular with. Oh, did I mention they're all friends of my 15 year old daughter?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Only once! A UPS truck pulled into my driveway as I had my hood under the hood of my 65 Tbird (Mustang parts I ordered). As I turned and wiped my hands in preparation to sign for the package, I noticed the driver was a tall leggy blond. She gave the car a once over and said, "a stock 390?". Well I was in love, my ex had no clue about cars and I've always dreamed of meeting a woman who would join me in the garage. We chated for a few minutes and and as she drove off I kicked myself for not getting her phone number. I orderd MANY more parts hoping she would return, but I always got a different driver... :-(

On a side note, I started drive my Stang and Tbird to work this summer and park it right outside my window. It's been a kick to see who stops to check it out (there's an apartment complex next door and hundreds of college age students cut across our parking lot to get to class). Unfortunately, for every ONE girl that does a second look at my cars, there are TWENTY guys. Most of the girls are either tuned into their headphones or are yaking on their cell phones.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I thought it would make me popular with the ladies, but I was horribly wrong. I got the car when I started college (I was single then) and I hoped to get those random girls to start a conversation with me about it, only that 2 and a half years later, that has YET to happen.

The only thing it's good for is attracting males, lol. I get about a comment or two a week on the car, but at least a dozen stares a day. Now if I was a female, I would be in heaven.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Uh no, but it does with the guys! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
406 Posts
Same here. SWMBO don't like to ride in my stang.
She rode in the car once when I bought it 7 yrs ago.
After 4.5 yrs of resto, an approx. of 7 times she rode in the car.
My kids on the other hand wants the stang all the time.

G

·
0 Posts
The Mustang is popular with the ladies and gents, gets waves and comments no matter which one of us is driving it.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
It definitely is a hit with the ladies and several have made it clear that they want rides. But the best yet was a cute 30-something blonde in a Cobra convertible that spent a moment or two appreciating my '69 vert at speed on the highway before giving a smile and a wave and then racing off into the distance.

Interestingly enough, the '69 gets more attention than the '65. And the attention the '65 gets tends to be from the older women while the '69 seems to attract every age group.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Well it depends, cuz the second they see me in the car they seem to walk away...... I don't understand what the problem is. Oh well, I don't need any beautiful women putting fingerprints on my car!!! JK.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Cute leggy blonde in tight UPS shorts bent over the open hood of a big block classic Stang. YOWZA!!

Man, it's tough typing with one hand ...

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Eric, I don't NEED a car to make me popular with the ladies!

Actually, Shari seems to attract older men more than anything else. Oh well.

Steve

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Girlfriend doesn't like car and doesn't understand the compliments dispite trashed upholstery and dents. She insists on us going in her car. Homeless people love the car. Getting sick of people saying "Is that a 65?" I tell them "NO, Its the new and improved version, a 66."

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, but once they get close enought to smell the gas fumes, they usually walk away. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif They like the stang, but they are afraid to ride in it.
-Brian

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Don't know yet......car isn't on the road yet........but a fed ex delivery girl did notice it under the car cover......

and asked ," is that a mustang under the cover?" and I replied...why yes.....

after talking to mom about the car...she did say my dad would get alot of attention especially at the gas station while filling up.

and she tells me while rolling her eyes....

heh I guess looks have something to do with it too....it wouldnt hurt.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts