Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be a Monday morning! I slept to long, late for work. I'm the Boss so thats not really good.
Then One of my Student workers is taking the elevator to go to the second floor to Vacuum the Theatre Balconey. Didn't know her cord was not all the way in the elevator. It got under the electronic eye. The elevator got stuck between the 1st and second floor. In this picture they, (she was working with another student.) are still in the elevator waiting for help to arrive. I quickly scared up a camara so I could take a picture.
Is this worthy of a Dofuss or what!!!
I posted this picture on my computer desktop for all to see.

http://folksites.com/_i/2002/07/08/z544759.jpg

·
Registered
21,154 Posts
My brother is an operating engineer in a building in NYC. Last summer, I went to visit him at work. Next to a frieght elevator was a piece of diamond plate steel 4' X 4' about 3/8" thick. This thing was all twisted and mangled. He told me that a laborer from a contractor was attempting to walk it on to the frieght elevator. The diamond plate slipped from his hand between the building and the car. Yes it went down......30+ stories! It wiped out all the tracks ect., for that car.

The contractor and laborer denied any knowlege of the incident. It was caught on tape, my brother said one frame the guy had it, the next, his hands were empty. It also showed him with a flashlight looking for it. *LOL*

I wish I had a picture of that one.

The safety director at work showed me some pictures of a JLG lift that the operator hit a 240,000 volt transmission line with his helmet. Luckly the guy was OK, but the illistration with the slash through it showing how not to use it by utilities lines was exactly duplicated. The ironic thing, there was absolutely no reason for the guy to be where he was, the building was behind him, he was also elevated much higher then the roof line of the building.

G

·
0 Posts
That's like driving off with the gas hose still in the gas tank of your Police car!! Been there!
How embarressing!!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
At least the elevator stopped. How long was that cord? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You should have run and gotten an extension cord and plugged it in /forums/images/icons/wink.gif That would have scared the doofus out of them /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Or at least let you ask the question, "did you unplug it?!" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Thanks T!
D

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,871 Posts
Man! Do I feel embarrassed! I just thought you had one of them there new-fangled electric plug-in elevators!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,863 Posts
Ha! I did the same thing years ago. While I was in high school I threw a paper route. My last stop was a 10 story bank building. The night security guard would let me in and I'd take papers to office doors on various floors. At about 5:30 AM I dropped a paper in the elevator door, which closed on it. The car went up about 4 feet and stuck. I pulled the paper out, but it still wouldn't go. 4 hours later a tech finally showed up and unstuck the elevator. All the people involved found it quite entertaining, especially security. The vice-president of the bank kindly wrote a note for me explaining (in great detail) why I was late for school. My principal just threw his hands up and claimed that he could now die happy since he had indeed seen it all.
The first half of my sophomore year I was known as
"Going Up?".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts