Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Dog-gone winter!!!!!!

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jthompson 
#1 ·
I was kinda secretly hoping winter was almost over....We are suppose to get 3-8 by this time tommorrow.
Yipeeeeeeeyahooo

#2 ·
No doubt! I expect you will probably be spending some time tomorrow pushing it around at work as well. Oh joy.

It was 50+ degrees yesterday and now we're under a Winter Storm Warning. Good ol' Iowa. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Some 60's here in eastern Nebraska yesterday, now back to the snow. We are getting it first, and its moving your way from here. I used to really enjoy winters until I got a job that includes getting up at 3AM to go move the dang stuff so the old farts can drive up town and get their cup of coffee by 6 AM and talk about "the storm last night".

#5 ·
We definately need some bitter cold weather for a few days, I was at the daughters place on Truman Lake and the ticks and chiggers are still active, if some of them don't get killed by freezing this summer could be miserable...

#7 ·
I have been thinking the same thing. We have been finding ticks on our dogs for the last month or so.

#8 ·
I am serious, I was checking on the turkey population and picked up both species walking through the woods. I must be allergic to chiggers as they leave big sores on my legs and feet. If you hear of a big fire around Warsaw this spring it will probably be me trying to burn them out. :lol:

#9 ·
Wednesday I was wearing shorts outside, 65 in Manhattan, Ks (Go Cats). Tonight it was 4 degrees when I was driving home. Next Wed, I suspect it will be 105 and I will be hanging out in shorts again. Crazy Kansas weather.

#10 ·
Wednesday I was wearing shorts outside, 65 in Manhattan, Ks (Go Cats). Tonight it was 4 degrees when I was driving home. Next Wed, I suspect it will be 105 and I will be hanging out in shorts again. Crazy Kansas weather.
Yeah, I think this is why are 1 year old is still sick, because of this up-N-down weather.

#11 ·
Snow?

Hmmm.... the news this morning said high 78 - 81 with a high surf advisory for the eastern shore (7-10 ft). I best grab the boogie board and hit the waves today before the snow hits, heh? :winkgrin:

Sorry to hear the weather sucks so bad but only because I have to eventually go home!

Aloha! ::

#13 ·
You missed your chance, pal, the guard dog's back on duty. ;)
We got back this past weekend.... ya, sucks to be me!

Saw several Mustangs there and spoke with a guy on base that had a 66 fb and a 67 or 8 vert, maybe we'll hear from him here on the site as I let him know all about it.
Spoke with "RobUSAF" and was hoping to have dinner with him and his wife but due to a bit of phone tag, him moving and me getting SWMBO on her plane things just didn't work out, regrettably.

I found myself cranking up the heat last night, brrr. ::

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.