Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad and i set out to put the new V8 suspension in my I6 coupe for my V8 conversion. We finished the upper and lower control arms, spindles ect. All was goin well till we moved on to putting in the center link , pitman arm, and idler arm ....and oh look i dont have the correct idler arm bracket I need. I thought the idler arm bracket on the frame was the same fo I6's and V8 front ends. I guess not, the idler arn i pulled off was one peice with the bracket. So once agian i am stalled on my project... I guess its off to the local mustang guy to find the correct part. Oh well I guess I got part of the front end in today ::

Ryan

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I hear you, I was ready to over pay my local guy for the inner/outer ti-rod ends and adjusting sleves and he was even out of them. Oh well, off to the parts store. I did get the upper/lower control arms and such for the suspension part though, now I need to finish the steering.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts