Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH $hit!! Well, I successfully resealed my C-4 tranny, but now I noticed that my kickdown passing gear will not activate. So, I lifted my car, went down to look at the kickdown assembly and noticed that the lever is pointing back toward the rear of the car. I kind of remember it was up (at 12:00 o'clock position). Now it's at the 3:00 O'clock position. This lever is where the tranny neutral switch is on the manual selector assembly.

Can somebody with a C-4 check what position this lever should be in? The lever has the adjustable cable for kickdown in front, and a spring pulling it back toward the rear.

thanks a million, Jaime

·
Registered
183 Posts
It,s at the 12:00 position on mine jaime.So either you,ve got it wrong or mines wrong too in which case youll have to share the doofus award lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million. think I'll wait to see what happens

Jaime

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you pull the pan and screen there is a little spring that falls out.Make sure that the solid end is facing up.
Did that
Hank

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
You may want to check with johnpro. I think that he finall figured out where to put the shift and kickdown lever/forums/images/icons/wink.gif, after we all told him where to put it!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
It should point around the 12:00 or 1:00 position. You can easily tell if it works by operating it by hand. It presses against a spring loaded valve in the valve body. It if is in correctly, it will spring back ... if it just goes thunk, thunk and moves about 1", it ain't gonna work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts