Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If an event shows up on MotorsportReg | racing, track day, HPDE, autocross, sport bike, karting & motocross events that you might be interested in participating in, sign up immediately. I got burned on what looks to be the opening event in Indiana at the end of this month by procrastinating and not having Facebook. I have since signed up and paid for everything possible through October including a SCCA drivers school. Who knows if any of this is really going to happen? Be aggressive, or be pissed off!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Signing up on MotorsportReg. isnt really in the budget at the moment. But when you say you have since signed up do you mean FB ? If so I have a few pages you might be interested in
I have not signed up for Facebook yet. Every time I try they want way to much personal information and I really only want it for event info and changes. I don’t need anymore friends because they will just want to borrow my truck like the ones I already have.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
I have not signed up for Facebook yet. Every time I try they want way to much personal information and I really only want it for event info and changes. I don’t need anymore friends because they will just want to borrow my truck like the ones I already have.
You can lie to facebook, they wont know. ;)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Facebook is an alternate universe that I want no part of from what I can tell. The wife has it so I can look at the home page on the local SCCA sites but not get alerts. I think I'll register my local SCCA sites on her account and let her weed through the collateral crap!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just a courtesy note, I stopped using some online racing registration cuz if you cancel (even well in advance) they will not refund your money, saying.."take it up with the local race group". Then the race group says "no refunds". I lost $, and now pay cash the day of the race.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a courtesy note, I stopped using some online racing registration cuz if you cancel (even well in advance) they will not refund your money, saying.."take it up with the local race group". Then the race group says "no refunds". I lost $, and now pay cash the day of the race.
Most everything I've registered for this year has been preregister online only with no pay at the event. If your not preregistered you will not be allowed on site. Events are limited to around a 100 cars and sell out a few weeks in advance. A very different world this year.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Pshh trailered autox cars are lame. Next thing you'll want a big fancy toterhome with all the amenities and garage space to work in.
On the bright side when I popped my 289 guy with an enclosed trailer was kind enough to tow me off site and being in the trailer out of sight . oh the humility.
Prereg locks you in even for bad weather

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
69º Saturday and 70º Sunday in Fort Wayne you costal scum! ;)

Hope you get some seat time in Brad! Strange times indeed!

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Had an awesome day in Fort Wayne today and going back for more tomorrow back willing. 2 hour 120 mile drive each way. No pictures but I might be mentioned in an article in the The Journal Gazette - www.journalgazette.net tomorrow. 6/10ths of a mile course, 7 DNF's, 2 OK runs, and the last run was near golden putting me within 4 10ths of the winning against a mid 90's Mustang driven by a guy with 9 years experience. Most fun you can have with your clothes on!

You only need 1 good run!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts