1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Either 1: This is fake. or 2: Mom is a failure.
If I EVER acted like that over ANYTHING, my Mom would have laid down the strong arm of mothers law. Then my dad would have had his turn. Mom makes you feel sorry, dad brings the pain.
Oh...And did he really try to shove a remote up his butt? WTH is wrong with the kid?

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
If it's fake, it's a good one... WoW can have that effect on people. A girl that used to work for me dumped her boyfriend because he wouldn't stop playing that game (word has it, after she dumped him, he lost his job from playing it - late to work, calling in sick all the time, etc.).

Some folks are truly addicted to it, that's for sure.

And, when it happens to a son/daughter who's still under your roof - there's a parent not doing their job in there somewhere.

-bob

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I watched one of my friends destroy his relationship with a game similar to WoW, Acheron's Call. I was living with them at the time, not a pretty scene. I ended up saving all her stuff to a disc and wiped the pc when I moved out. He was at work at the time. Not pretty, but he got why I did it....and now he plays WoW...at work when it's slow...making 75k a year...where did I go wrong?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yeah theres been at least three more, one including him taking a base ball bat to his birthday present... and one with him up in a tree.

I would have felt bad for him if it wasn't for how he reacted to the truck they gave him. I actually got an s-10 like that for free from my grandfather, and I was so happy I couldn't see straight. Spoiled. And a little b***h...

This is why you don't name your kid Steven, name him Stephen because thats way more awesome. Steves are doomed to be frat brothers and suffers, Stephens are destined to change the world, lol...

And here is a great explination of World of Warcraft on how its basicly played by being compared to the original Mario, lol:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/understanding-the-world-of-warcraft-using-super-mario-brothers/

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I know a prominent dental surgeon who got hooked on this warcraft thing (I've only heard of it...never even seen it). He got divorced (2 kids), closed his practice, went into severe depression, and is living off of disability. His building is still fully equipped and furnished, but it sits unused because he can't get it together enough to dump this stupid game. He is the very reason I limit my son's video gaming to 1 hour per day.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vChEPj0dXXk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vChEPj0dXXk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
"I will freaking kill you and eat your first born child!" :wtf:

It's pretty sad...the kid really needs therapy. The parent's really have failed if they haven't recognized that (although he could be in therapy and is only freaking out half as bad as he used to :loco: ).

The fact that his brother is getting so much enjoyment out of his freakouts and is humiliating him by recording them and posting them on the internet is worse than the freakouts.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I dunno.. they look real until you consider the circumstances of the videos. Take the one where he gets a truck. That pickup really is a POS compared to the 3 other rather expensive vehicles in the driveway/garage that indicates to me that the family is well-to-do. I don't believe for a second that they would get their oldest son, who's obviously spoiled beyond rational thought, a truck with mismatching paint and graffiti all over it. A first truck might have faded paint or be up to 5 or 10 years old, but that one was obviously a prop meant for death by baseball bat.

I think the family is fishing for a reality show, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
obsidianspider said:
I still wanna know what's up with the remote business. I've been pissed off before, but never like that.
Seriously.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts