Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my doofus mistake of booking my hotel room in the wrong stickin' month, there's just no rooms left in Reno for Friday, August 9th.

I found ONE Super 8 that had a room for $220+ dollars. There's no way I'm paying over $200 for a Super 8 room. Nobody else even has any rooms. (and that room's probably taken by now).

Since I've already committed to driving to the Bay Area on Sunday for the BAMA show, I think it's just too much driving that weekend to try to make it to the Peppermill Saturday morning, get back home Saturday night, and the trip in the opposite direction early Sunday morning.

About the closest rooms available are in Truckee ... just over an hour from my house! *LOL*

Looks like I'll just have to get an earlier start next year.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I know what you mean, I started out this year with every intention of making Knotts and HAN this year, so I guess 1 out of 2 isn't bad. I have just got so busy over the last couple of months, plus our church is putting on a car show, and I'm on the committee, so that definitely puts that out /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. O'well...I will be shooting for next year as well!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You should also look into rooms in the Carson City/Carson Valley/Minden area. Sometimes you can get rooms there for a reasonable price. Try the Carson Valley Inn or The Historic Inn in Gardnerville. Of course for $219.97 per night you can rent a room from me. It includes a free car wash every morning and breakfast. I hope you like Lucky Charms.

Sorry that you can't make it!

;(

G

·
0 Posts
A quick search on Expedia shows the Super 8 in Carson City has rooms available on the 9th for $130.00. Not quite as bad as $220.00, but it's still a Super 8.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
John, that's a bummer...! It looks like I'll be the crazy one who goes to Reno (Thur - Sat), comes home Sat night, and goes to BAMA on Sunday. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Assuming the car's back from the paint shop to take it anywhere!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts