Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took (at least what I thought were...) great pains to label parts as they were removed, create separate bins for various sections, bag and tag everything possible just to make sure I kept track of everything. This was made even more complicated when the new parts started arriving and keeping everything straight in my garage.

Now, as I turn the corner and more parts are going back on I've occasionally run into the "missing part"....ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

This time it is the Brake Distribution Block and for the life of me I can not locate it in my garage. I've dug through every plastic storage bin, examined everything in a ziplock bag and still no sign. Even went through the "discard" pile just to make sure it did not go with one of the old brake lines but no luck.

I hate to spend $50 with NPD on this item and have posted a "wanted" ad here but the principle of this just irks me. I KNOW its somewhere still in my garage but after searching for two hours...I GIVE UP!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hate when that happens! I have 12 cars, a 16X10 with my show car, a 40X80 with 25 years worth of parts & a second house for storage... I feel your pain brother!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
was cleaning my garage a few weeks ago and I find a brand new intake gasket..only one..now I get to thinking..did I leave one off?..Nawwwww..can't be..*LOL*

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
YES. I just bought a thermostat housing and seller asked if I have a gasket since there didn't seem to be any on Motorcraft box. I said "Actually I do, I was given a 195 thermostat once, but didn't install that one." Of course I can find the thermostat neatly in an AC box but no gasket in there. It was there four weeks ago when I cleaned the shelves a bit. There are garage gremlins but governments deny that.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I feel your pain. During my last engine rebuild I broke down and bought a balancer puller. Got home, opened the box and got the extremely shiney three bolts out of the box...got distraced and turned around and one of the bolts are gone. I searched for thirty minutes. Even got my wife (uterine tracking device), but no bolt. Luckily I got a bolt out of my ole bolt box and it worked fine. To this day I haven't found that dang bolt.

My theory is there is some type of shop third dimension...very closely related to the missing sock third dimension theory proposed several years back...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm happy that this is not happening to me only.
Coming to the end of restomod, I found that I have some parts more than ones. Could not find it, bought a new one, and end up with 3 of them.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
How about sitting at your work bench working on a part, then stopping to answer the phone and finding the part missing?!? Looked for 15 minutes and found it under the shop towel by my left hand. The heat must have gotten to me /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts