Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You find the beltline weatherstripping kid the PO purchased and included with the car only to find that the inside quarter window piece is missing for the passenger side. Upon investigation the only way to buy this piece is to buy the 8 piece kit for $45+. Of course there is always the possibility that someone on VMF had a similar problem with a different piece and is interested in recovering part of their cost (68 coupe).

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have new "re-pops" inside quarter felts for a 65 coupe. These have a small bag of staples for installation plus a special drill bit. These are the ones that attach to the inside of the car. My interior quarter trim panel felt is in good shape, so I was't going to hassle with the replacements. I have no idea if these fit any other year??? They are brand new.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,634 Posts
Failing that you could recoup some of the cost of the new kit by selling the two pieces that go in the passenger's door to some idiot who managed to gork his up. My 67 coupe uses the same kit as a 68. And I'm dead serious. I too would have to buy the whole kit to get the two pieces I need. PM me if you want to kick it around. Absolutely no rush on my part. If I had the pieces right now they'd still have to sit on the shelf at least another year.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked, thanks for the replies. :: By bearing my soul to the great VMF after two days of searching, the part magically appeared. I just did not look carefully enough in the bag of things removed when the carb was changed when looking for the lost weather stripping. ;)

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,634 Posts
Drat. Umm, I mean "Oh good! Glad to hear it." ::
Anybody want to go in on a set of weatherstrips?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts