Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of a total restoration all by myself, (with A LOT of help from VMF) I was ready to roll the car out. BUT no tail lights, brake lights or blinkers. I had already taken out the entire wiring and checked it all and replaced some. I now didn't know where to start. Car sat for 3 weeks, till finally a friend with electrical knowledge comes to the rescue, we check EVERYTHING starting at the starter solenoid and working back. Get to the Rear light housings, remove the lens and...

No Bulbs!

DOOH!

Pass it over. Tank yew, tank yew, tank yew very much.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
LOL... That has got to be the biggest doofus I've seen in a long time. :)

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I believe this event falls under the duH! not the doofus category. No one was injured, no damage was sustained. Besides for doofus of the year you have some pretty stiff competition,namely me and my recent kitchen fire.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Yes, that's a pretty darn good doofus, even if the only injury is to your pride. ;)

The good side is that now you know for sure your entire electrical system has been checked and rechecked for shorts. ::

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Sorry but no Doofus of the year for you!

To be a candidate for doofus of the year you need some of these criteria:

(a) Blood

(b) Life threatening

(c) Potential doghouse time from SWMBO

(d) major $$ cost

Keep trying! ::

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I do that kind of thing all the time. I would have already bought new bulbs (aren't to-do lists great?), but wouldn't be able to find them, and would have to make a run for more bulbs. Upon my return from the parts store, would find a set of bulbs strategically placed (hidden) in a most illogical place. In my case it's age induced CRS...!! How old are you?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Yes, folks, we have a winner! ::

Thanks for 'fessing up. You just made my moring *LOL*. That is classic. Of course, you realize now, that when ever someone has an electrical problem involving light bulbs, we're going to have to add "did you install light bulbs?" in our list of possible solutions ;)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Stop! Your killin' me.

http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif
ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm only 32, but I do the same thing, buy something I know I will need later and then forget I have it and buy it again. Has happened several times on the mustang alone.

Sonny

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have learned from household appliances to also FIRST check for power BEFORE calling the repair man. (cord was cut).

For plumbing check that no lines are clogged before calling plumber. (Hose was clogged from dishwasher to disposal drain.)

Could of saved some $$ and my pride at being a DIY handyman.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I must say it is funny...but definitely more like a "DOH!"

Slade

·
Premium Member
19,215 Posts
You're not alone. The MCA Judge Pete Morgan, who occasionally posts here, did the same thing, and actually wrote about it in Mustang Times a year or so ago.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That'll teach you to start at the other end next time. All hail, King Dofi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts