Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking for the bolts to hold my gas tank down. i got out the box they were supposed to be in, and start pulling out bags. what the heck? almost none of the bags are labled anymore? i know i labled them when i put them away a year ago! i used 3 diferent color markers, black blue and red... the black and red have completly faded but the blue has stayed perfect. so a warning to everyone who is in the dissambly stage: DO NOT label bags with sharpies, it will dissapear! none of these bags were in the sun either, they were all boxed up in the garage attic.

To add insult to injury, it seems as though i deleted the file on my computer listing what was in each box, so now i have no idea what is where. UGH!

- Jason

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jason,
You've been having some bad luck lately! Don't come by my house anytime soon ::

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, I love those bags with the labels! ::

I usually use those and just write on them with a regular ball point pen as well as throw a sticky note inside the bag. Often with a more complete breakdown of the items with some obscure discription ie. (5) small bolts for this (2) large for that, etc.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hmmm...I've done that on the last several motors I've built and have not had any problems...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Also, if you just put a label inside the bag, you can also write notes on placement or other tips from dis-assy. I know nothing of this as PO basicly either put the screw/nut/bolt back into the hole it came out of (many later rattled back out and are lost) or, he tossed them into a coffee can/box/other place so I could later figure out what the heck held that part on and where does it go...LOL. I think of it as MASS organization ::

·
Registered
846 Posts
You sure they were permanant or were they dry erase possibly?

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
I use 3x5" index cards, and used a sharpie to write on them. Threw the one card in with the parts in the ziplock bags, and they have been great for one and a half years now!

However, I found an unzipped card lying in one of the part boxes :: Should be relatively easy to match it up with the one bag without a card in it....

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
To add insult to injury, it seems as though i deleted the file on my computer listing what was in each box, so now i have no idea what is where. UGH!
Keeping a file on the computer...good idea. ;)

I have been saving my dads coffee cans. I plan to do a lot of disassembly when the garage is built.

·
Registered
616 Posts
just an idae just buy those stick on labels I did this computer address labels and used ink pen you have room to write more stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts