Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok SWMBO came home with a story from work.
A women she works with. Her Husband has been trying to get their truck started for 3 week's. He went out one day to go to work, started to truck ran for 10 min started missing badly then quit, figured the timeing jumped or sumething like that. ANyway, he worked for 3 weeks and could'nt get it to go. He got his wife out there to push the truck in and out of the garage at least a dozen times. He was about to call a tow truck when Thier son inlaw came over and said let me take a look at it. So they went out and tried to start it. he asked, Is it getting Gas? Jerry said of course it is, so the son inlaw look at the carb, hit the accelerator link no Squirt of gas, "UH dad there's no gas, are you sure theres gas in the tank?" jerry was adiment about gas in the tank. The son inlaw turn the ignition, You guessed it The Big "E", got a gas can put some gas in the truck, what do you know it started, and ran. I thought this was pretty good.

73 351C C6 3.25 T-lock
Mustangs are great,
But nothing is Greater than GOD.
http://www.folksite.com/TFOB

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
That would be very embarrassing :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Thats not a story I'd want anyone to hear.

Someone please buy my Ski Doo!
68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker

G

·
0 Posts
How many ways can I beat that story......

I might as well brag about this, becaust it pains me too much NOT to laugh at myself.

I was installing EFI (pro Jection) on my mustang a few years ago. I had been having trouble when it finally quit all together. I wet so far as to change out all 4 injectors. After almost a month of troubleshooting; Yep..I was out of gas.

What I did this past weekend was worse, though. go to this post to see what I mean.

I think I have earned Doofus for the Month for that one.

Full Throttle
http://homepages.go.com/~ful_throttle/fullthrottle.gif

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
One time in band camp. Just joking. I had a car that had a bad fuel gauge. It read at a 1/4 tank so I kept on driving. This ws the first time I had ever exprienced a car jerking forward before. I assumed it was engine trouble. The car sat for 2 weeks in a grocery parking lot. Finally my dad took a gas can down there and drove it back no problem. I felt like an idiot. I went through 2 weeks of high school without a car.

Bart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts