Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door panel alignment was flawless until I installed weatherstripping. Did I do something wrong, or use bad weatherstripping, or is this expected? Can I do something to fix it, besides completely getting rid of the weatherstripping again.

Current situation (door is further out than quarter, and latch is pulling door in as far as or will go):

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have the same problem, my doors are perfect till I install the weatherstrip. Then it won't close all the way.
I thinner weatherstrip would do the trick

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Best remedy is probably stripping it off on getting new rubber by Dan Carpenter or Steele. I have heard some have had success trimming them.

Reactions: wscott00

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,093 Posts
Who's weatherstrip did you use? I just installed Daniel Carpenter, Made in USA weatherstrips. I have re-pro doors and quarters, the rubbers were soft. Passenger side closed perfectly, the drivers side took an extra bit of pressure to close the door all the way. When I came out the next morning I opened and closed the door and it is much better now. The rubber did compress just enough to do the trick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who's weatherstrip did you use? I just installed Daniel Carpenter, Made in USA weatherstrips. I have re-pro doors and quarters, the rubbers were soft. Passenger side closed perfectly, the drivers side took an extra bit of pressure to close the door all the way. When I came out the next morning I opened and closed the door and it is much better now. The rubber did compress just enough to do the trick.
It is CJ's weatherstripping. I might try to cut the bottom a bit and buy Daniel Carpenter if that doesn't work. Also hoping it might settle from being closed for a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts