Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring a 66 mustang interior. I would like to install the door courtesy lights. I am unsure where to drill the hole in the door frame to install the wiring. I have found the divot in the front of the door were the hole is drilled for the wiring harness to be installed. Is the hole drilled in the frame exactly opposite of the divot in the door or is there another divot in the frame that indicates were to drill the hole?Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can someone tell me where to look inside the door for the divot. For the life of me, I don't see it. Also, has anyone found a way to drill the holes in the door and frame? Lastly, how big a hole do I drill to accept the rubber plug in the door wiring harness?

·
Registered
36,825 Posts
The holes are not at the same height, which allows the wire to form an S bend.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The dimple is on the front face of the door in between the hinges, not on the inside. The hole should be 3/4 of and inch but I would buy your harness and measure the grommet before drilling. I have had harnesses that were not 3/4. I do not remember if there is a dimple on the A pillar or not.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Boy I've been looking at that door hard. Any other approximate details about where to look? There are several layers of exterior paint on the car, so I suppose it could be obscured. So for instance, which door hinge is the dimple closest too? Is it centered inside to outside, or closer to one or the other?

I checked the harness and 3/4" looks right so thanks for that confirmation.

I understand the hole on the A pillar is not lined up with the hole in the door. Any idea if the A pillar hole is above or below?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts