Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
65's are body color. I just left mine on the car when I painted. I looked at alot of resto-books, all seemed to be body color. It goes well with the inside of the door and jam, which is exterior color. If these are origional or used, consider a hinge pin "kit" with new bushings and pins, it's a challenge to knock ot the old ones, but makes a big difference in the end. Good luck!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are bent some from the door getting swung to far open. Do you think the pins and bushings would work?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering. Yes, the base of the hinge is very sturdy, the pins and brass bushings are replacable. You have to put them in a vice and knock them out with a punch. The new kits from NPD are a have hinge pins that are longer than stock, but they can be cut after installing. Thje "kit" comes with new springs and pivot plates. It takes some time, but well worth it. Smooth opening with no"drop" or slack.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I tried fixing the sag with some creative ideas. Did not work. Am going to order the hinges from NPD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts