Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: Door panel clip question: Pads or no pads??

This one has bugged me for awhile... Is it best to leave off the door panel clip rubber pads??? Or use them...?? Sometimes I see them used, Sometimes I don't.... Will the door panel look more flush without them?? Does this even make a difference?? Did all clips have these little rubber pads orignally??? I think so, but I am not sure on this one.. I need a definitive answer.. I don't know whether to leave them off or not... What's the general concensus?????

Thanks,

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 Convertible

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Standard or deluxe door panels in 66?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This would be for standard door panels...not deluxe pony....

pads or no pads?

Tony Kovar

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charles, You mean that you see door panels just have the pads on the bottom, and not the rest of the panel???? That's kind of a weird practice.. I would figure either with or without...

Tony Kovar

G

·
I've probably removed hundreds of early model door panels and most of the time the padded clips are along the bottom edge. The assembly manual does show a different clip use from the top and bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts