Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE your new door panels for the earlier cars. Esp the 67/68 door cards in your sport theme with contrast stitching.

ANY CHANCE, you'll do a similar door theme for 69/70? My 67 is nearing completion and will be turning focus on 70 soon. I just don't want another Mach I scheme in here as I already did that in the 69. I'd like to go this Resto/Pro touring theme in this one and if I could make it fit, I'd just put your 67 door card in the 70. Always too early to the party, but if it's coming....I might simply wait. If an early order could motivate you, I'd put down deposit today :)

LMK if there are any thoughts or plans in works. I know that the 69-73 have better OEM alternatives than the earlier ones, but with replica complete door panels at $1200 and styling limitations...there could be room here. The big name builders are finally giving some attention to the 69/70. How about help for us mid level builders.

Thanks for consideration.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Hello and thank you for checking in - and thank you for the support on our new panels!!

We are currently working on a Sport R version for the 69-70 panels - however, they will not be as custom as the 64-68's as we'll simply be using the 69-70 Mach 1 panels with a custom Sport R style insert of suede with a contrasting stitch. Here is a photo of one of the first prototypes. Our production piece will not have the chrome accent piece:

We're still working on this panel and some of the details, but it should be ready for release by the summer time.

Thank you,

Waylon

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please update here as you progress. I will be buying at least one set of these when ready! I think they will look killer with Cobra Misano Anniversary edition seats. Yes, I have TMI seats in three cars so I'm not snubbing your products :)

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Please update here as you progress. I will be buying at least one set of these when ready! I think they will look killer with Cobra Misano Anniversary edition seats. Yes, I have TMI seats in three cars so I'm not snubbing your products :)
Had to google that one - but, yes I totally agree a set of Mach 1 Sport R panels with white stitching would compliment those perfectly! I'll be sure to update this thread when their ready to rock'n'roll. Thanks

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Well - good news. We're going to be releasing the insert sold separately. So if you've already got nice Mach panels, you can just install the suede/contrast stitched insert into your factory panels!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts