Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Mach1, which I believe is original in everyway including paint. I am ready to order door panels and my car takes the 1970 door panels. They state if your car was made after 2/24/69 then the 70 door panels are the ones to buy, but the Marti report states my car was built in 1/1969. Has anyone else found the 70 door panels in their car built before the 2/24/69?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I think only change in 69 door panels (and other interior parts) was teak vs walnut. Change over was in December or Jan if I remember right. I never heard about them using a total different door panel.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I think only change in 69 door panels (and other interior parts) was teak vs walnut. Change over was in December or Jan if I remember right. I never heard about them using a total different door panel.
I've heard the same (December was teak, January walnut). I'm restoring my 69 Mach 1 with walnut (January build date with the day being 20 some odd).

I can't confirm.

Allen

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Difference between the 69 and 70 drivers side door panel is the adjustment knob for the sports mirror. On a 69 I believe it's round on a 70 it's a rectangle that a bezel goes in.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,477 Posts
Difference between the 69 and 70 drivers side door panel is the adjustment knob for the sports mirror. On a 69 I believe it's round on a 70 it's a rectangle that a bezel goes in.
Also the the angle of the remote mirror adjuster.

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Registered
430 Posts
The big change on 69 versus 70 Mach 1 door panels, (beside the mirror knob and bezel), was the cast metal door cup. The 69 version tend to break, in 70 they made it shorter, stronger. They do not interchange.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My SanJose 1/20/69 build Mach 1 has the long style door cups in the panels. NPD now sells two different styles of panels. They have a more accurate version that is of course more expensive.

Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts