Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am process of buying a '65 'A' code 2+2. Door tag indicates 5R09Axxxxxx and a DSO of 33. Strange that a car made in San Jose has detroit DSO. Why ship a car cross country to a city where's there's an assy plant? I notice in the
In Search of mustangs book I saw several San Jose cars with Cleveland DSO's so I suppose it happened a few times.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I've wondered about that myself but just assumed it was due to one assembly plant making up where the other can't. With only three assembly plants servicing the nation gone Mustang crazy, if San Jose had a bunch ready to go perhaps they'd ship 'em to detroit to cover a spot deficit?

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Any Mustang with "X"'s stamped in place of the consecutive unit number is clearly owned by a paranoid individual who is either terrified someone will steal their car's identity and run up horrendous debts in the name of Edsel Ford II, or perhaps simply fearful that some cutthroat restorer will produce an exact clone to steal trophies from them at car shows.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS DERANGED SELLER AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

-- Dave Hammar
6F09C256461 and proud of it.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I've never understood the value of replacing the consecutive unit part of the VIN with xxxxx's either. People will reviel the "K" or the "A", so people already know it's a more valuable car, then xxxx out the part noone gives a hoot about. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually, I have the full VIN written down in my office at work,
but I suffered a senior moment and forgot to bring that piece of paper home with me. I will do better next time! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts