Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm a drill and tap guy from years of breaking bolts, it's a habbit I'm not proud of... but I've gotten pretty good at it ::

Now I've been out of work for a couple weeks here with of all things mono ... somehow avoided it through hs and college and found it when I'm 27 friggin' years old! But I digress :: . Being out of work my math skills seem to have left for awhile. This is where I was able to manage Doofus numero dos for today.

My brain decided a 1/2" head bolt was a 3/8" tap ... yeah you read that right ::

Anyway, I now have a larger bolt on the front left corner by the water neck, luckily the intake holes are large enough for a 3/8" bolt :p

So I'm now back to cleaning up for this weekend at MU show.

Another highlight was the "computer kid" at Autozone telling me you can't order/ask for a Felpro gasket using only the number "1250" ... closest I've been to grabbing a lug wrench a beating a counter person to death. Anyway, came home and called B&B Performance and asked "do you have Felpro #1250 in stock" ... of course they had 2. MORON! ::

·
Registered
182 Posts
Put down the tools and let the little mustang go...

I hear ya...having one of those days, huh?

I often have the inclination to savagely beat an ignorant chain-store counterperson, like when I walk in the door with the part # I got from their website & they still tell me they need to know what vehicle it's for...AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Thanks, I needed that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Could be worse...I went to three different stores before I finally convinced the salesperson that they did not have what I needed. I had to take the old water pump in with the new water pump and ask them where the thermostatically controlled fan was supposed to bolt on, and where the other bolt was supposed to go...what was I to do? Take them out and throw them away? Had to convince my friend that he had also bought the wrong water pump from that given parts reseller. I ended up going over to NAPA, ordering two water pumps out of Spokane, and installing them into two separate (I hope it was two separate, I would hate to think I installed two water pumps into the same) 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokees. (Did I mention that I am not particularly fond of Mopars? After all, they call it a Dodge for a reason!)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
That's usually for the warranty that they ask the vehicle, etc...but agree, ignorance abounds in the autozones etc...and to make it worse, they don't appear to really want to learn anything ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts