Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys, I looked this up in search mode but could not find the answer I was looking for. 1968 302 block and timing chain cover, new (RBM or RPM??) double roller timing chain set, eccentric too far forward will not allow timing chain cover installation. Also new crane cam installed. What am I missing here? Can use the double roller?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
The genuine Cloyes Tru-Roller timing set will likely work with the eccentric you have now. I had the same issue with a Comp Cams roller chain - and the Cloyes fit just fine.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Summit, Jegs, Speedomotive, most reputable auto parts stores (the "real" ones). Cloyes is a mainstream performance brand, available nearly anywhere.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I put a Dynogear double roller on my '67 289 and have no problems. Also running a Ford Motorsport A312 Cam.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I had the same problem but I had a 94 motor. I removed .080 from the 1 piece eccentric to get my clearence.

I am not aware of any thickness differences in the two piece and one piece eccentrics. I just thought the 94 double chain was made thicker because it was for a fuel injected motor. It was never designed to accept an eccentric. Maybe you got the wrong year timing set?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts