Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
The D stands for the decade D=1970's and the 0 stand for the year of the decade so that block was cast in 1970. The casting number alone won't tell you what the application was but because of the year it would have been either a truck or a lincoln continental, there may have been of few other applications but I don't know of them. DOVE blocks are supposedly slightly better than D1VE blocks which were pretty much used throughout the rest of the '70s. The casting number didn't change every year, just every time they changed the casting design, but I believe there are C9VE blocks and I know there are D1VE (I have 2) so that limits your block to one year - 1970. Hope this helps
Micah

G

·
0 Posts
If it's a 460 it's a Lincoln. Have you sold it? I could use one for a 545 I'm building...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I still have it. It's bored to 4.440, 4 bolt mains and some hard block. Sonic test says it can go another 80,000, so plenty of room to bore more. I have it listed over in parts. I have a set of J.E. Pistons custom made for this bore also. Let me know! Thanks, Ray

G

·
0 Posts
4 bolt main - must be from a 429 engine. Not that it matters only the crank is different but that opens up the applications listed in the previous post.

G

·
0 Posts
Didn't see it in the classifieds, how much??? BTW you have a killer car!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts