Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a tough one.I have been offered a 70 drag pack grabber orange boss 302 shaker/slats/spoilers 4:30 rear axle factory oil cooler. Car has been in a private collection for about 15 yrs still retains original paint very little rust and runs strong.Is it worth $15k?.I know there is an issue with 70 drag pack boss 302 that they were not offered a drag pack option any thoughts on this.Thanks javed :D

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You bet it is worth it. Go for it! A friend has an unusual 'drag pack' '70 yellow boss that was ordered without the slats, spoiler and factory tach w/about 33k original miles. He payed substantially more for it 5 years back. While Ford may have never offered such a beast on the order form, it's pretty common for them to be referred to as Drag Pack cars.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You're right about the question with "Drag Pack" being an option on Boss 302's. I'm sure you've probably researched via the Boss 302 forums that NO 1970 Boss 302 Mustang came with an actual "Drag Pack" listed option, although you could order 4:30 rears and oil coolers. 1970 Boss 302 Cougars could be ordered with "Drag Packs".

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
Yes, 15K is a deal, and if you check with the www.boss302.com lads, (this question comes up so I know you better do a search first) you'll find out all about what a "drag pack is or isn't

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done a search on the boss 302 site and still a mystery.As far as anyone knows drag pack was never offered as an option but u got all the goodies as an option 4:30 rear/oil cooler etc.To me its an undercover drag pack ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts