Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my son and his buddy to Norwalk Drag Raceway last weekend. I've tried to resist, but I caught the drag race bug. In the remote future, when my car is finished and tuned, I might find enough spare change for a set of light weight rims and maybe a pair of drag radials or D.O.T. slicks.

My car won't have enough HP (350HP?)to be called a drag racer. But I would like to get the best ET out of what I do have. Street tires don't hook and wide front street tires and wheels are too heavy. I realize I'm talking $800 to $1000 for maybe 1 second improvement.

Anybody out there with experience with drag radials and/or DOT slicks? What kind of a bang for my buck can I expect on a mild street show car? Anybody know of a LOW COST light weight narrow 15 inch wheel that will fit the 5 lug early 'stang bolt pattern? I plan 3.73 rear gear and tractionmasters.

G

·
0 Posts
Check out the latest Car Craft. They did a test with Mickey T's ET streets, and BFG's drag radials. I was pretty impressed with the 60 ft times with the BFG's.

Bill in Denver

1 - 2 of 2 Posts