Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 1972 ford mustang and i wanna run 1/4 miles but not use my good bf goodrich tires is there any palce that sells used rims or drag slicks ????

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
BFG actually makes a street legal drag racing tire. You might want to check that out!

Jeff
Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have another question i have to get diferent rims to for the slicks and i dont want to put out a lot of money just for tires for 1/4 times what are those bfg's called???

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
You can't put a lot of miles on those because they are very soft rubber like a slick with street legal tread. A friend of mine thought he could drive those on the street and they lasted 3 months. At around $150 a piece thats not very economical. Most of the street guys that need really sticky tires get a second set of rims and put DOT slicks on them. M & H, Mickey Thompson and BFG all make DOT street legal racing tires. I would get the ET Streets.

For used rims you will have to either check around on here on the classifieds or call around to wheel and tire dealers in your area.

You can see my 65 fastback at: http://hottarod.stangnet.com/
http://members.aol.com/macstang/Gifs/macstang3.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got some MOPAR cab/police wheels from a junk yard. They work just fine on some 10" slicks that I have. Go to big early season swap meets looking for used slicks. Check the wear holes across the tire face for the amount of rubber left. Sometimes you can even get them mounted on rims for a good deal. Look them over closely though for damage. You don't want to lose one at 100 mph.

Jim Gates
72 Mach 1 - 460, C6
65 Olds 4-4-2, 400 ci, 4-sp
71 Dart Swinger 340 - Project in the queue

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i went to one of my local junkyards could i prolly find rims on some beat up cars cuz i dont need them for looks just to go down the track is all i need them for? or are there usally rims still left on cars at the yard??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts