Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove in the rain recently for a long period of time in my 69 and I realize now one big advantage to drip rails: you can drive in the rain without getting wet at all especially if you don't have mirrors on the door which my passenger's side doesn't. I imagine a lot more people drove around with the windows down all the time back in the 60's. Rolling the window up required a lot more effort then it does now and AC wasn't mainstream so they were probably left down most of the time. Anyways I'm a child of the seventies so forgive me if this seems like a revelation.

david

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I suppose it matters on the direction of the rain, cuz if it's coming down sideways, the rails won't help. Last time I was out in mine, I noticed rain blowing in, but it was driver's side, and it has the side mirror.

·
Registered
855 Posts
So I drove in the rain recently for a long period of time in my 69 and I realize now one big advantage to drip rails: you can drive in the rain without getting wet at all especially if you don't have mirrors on the door which my passenger's side doesn't. I imagine a lot more people drove around with the windows down all the time back in the 60's. Rolling the window up required a lot more effort then it does now and AC wasn't mainstream so they were probably left down most of the time. Anyways I'm a child of the seventies so forgive me if this seems like a revelation.

david
I love drip rails. My F250 has none and it sucks that in the lightest of rain the water drips down on my window/door controls in the armrest. It also has piss poor ventilation, even with the windows down. Current designs are for AC and fuel mileage. I hate AC and love the wind in my face from the vent windows on my 67.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts