Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just curious do you guys just drive your mustangs without a destination (aimlessly) Or take the really really long way home? Sometimes I find myself taking a trip for no reason at all but to just drive @ $3.02 a gallon oh well what's a few bucks between you and your car right :lol:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
thats what am going to do when i get mines on the road

·
Registered
130 Posts
before i got it legal i would drive it to check the mail about 500 feet away. lol

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I do that almost every time I drive it.

Joe

·
Registered
713 Posts
No, I actually have a destination in mind when I crank it up. :eek:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have driven aimlessly in all of my vehicles, not just Mustangs, I just love driving! Right now, Dirty Harry is not drivable, but as soon as she is, I'll be on the road again. BTW you can find gas here in Sunny Tucson for $2.59 pretty easily right now.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I paid to have my coupe inspected as it was in Fla. and I was in Atlanta. So my wife and I flew to Ft. Meyers and drove it home. I took wrenches from 1/4" to 3/4", a variety of screwdrivers, a pair of vice grips, electrical tape, pliers, wire strippers and some spare fuses. So my first drive was several hundred miles with a certain destination that I would hopefully reach. But now it is to church (take the long way home), cruise ins and the aimless road trip.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would venture to say that most of the time I drive the car I don't really have a destination in mind.

After the car was roadworthy I had to wait a looong time for BroadWay Titles to send me a new title for me to clear everything through with DMV, so I would drive around my community almost everyday just because I wanted to drive it.

Driving a classic pony is a treat!

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
My convertible is my daily driver so 99% of the time it's getting me from point A to point B. Only occasionally do I drive without any real destination or go for a Sunday drive since I'm driving it everyday.

·
Premium Member
19,215 Posts
Midlife is in a phase of gaining confidence, so I don't venture very far away from home. I have a route that takes me on what around here is a "highway", so I can get up to 55-70 mph; the rest is 35-45 mph. The entire route is about 11 miles, and takes 15 minutes or so. I'll also take it downtown for club meetings or cruise-ins. I'm not ready for longer road trips (e.g. 1 hour plus).

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Always have done the aimless type drives only my destination is always "fun". Even if there is a destination, I usually find a reason to divert the drive. For instance, today, I got off work at 2pm, wife and I got in the '07 Vert, and drove to Tucson, 120 miles, for a dinner at Red Lobster. Just happens to be our 34th year together. We do this type of drive a lot and friends think we are crazy.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Az Pete,
I completely understang...I mean undertand. My wife and I used to drive all the way to Scottsdale for a Pizzoockie (chocolate chip cookie with chocolate chip ice cream from Oreganos) before we got one (Oreganos) in Tucson, then we started going up for an In-and-Out Burger, then we got one of those in Tucson, so now we are looking for the slightest reason to go back to phx!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Wouldn't say aimlessly. At my age (67) I always have a plan, hate to waste time and experiences. Usually drive along the south shore of Nova Scotia out of Halifax, pretty spectatular scenery in my biased view. Our car club has runs every Wednesday night in the summer and we go a lot of different places too. Also, have a Starbucks with a large bookstore (Chapters) attached within walking distance that I drive to. Cars need exercise too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts