Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after owning tis non runnig conv for over 5 years, I finally got the time to remove everything from the car & get an appointment to have it sand blasted inside 7 media blasted onthe outside.
then came an issue with my 2003 sportrack, my only tow vehicle, it went into the dealership on 12/26 for warrantee issues I had been putting off for over 6 months & the warrantee was aout to expire any day, like 12/29 so I left it at the dealership for the work & a mighty long list. well long story short, they still have my truck & I have had to postpone the drop off of the stang 3 times. finally I said enough is enough & borrowed a friends truck, made the journey & it went perfectly.
on the way to the media blaster I stopped off at the body shop I plan to use & the guys all came out & looked the car over with a good amount of curiousity, before I even got out of my truck. they are excited, the car is in great shape & they love to work on classic muscle cars. the owner told me he puts these cars ahead of his insurance work, he had a 70 cougar in the paint booth that was smokkin!! it was a metallic blue(custom) & it will have a white vynil roof reinstalled when doen. it is set up with a 428 CJ engine(I think), well anyway, the owner says the car will be a great job since it is so solid.
I plan on going from the media blaster immediately to his place to have it smothered in epoxy primer.

the blaster guy is going to blast the inside, the outside, the underside all for 900.00 bucks, I think that is a pretty good price, how about you ?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My fastback also goes to the blaster on Monday. I don't know what the final charge will be for mine yet but it will be interesting to compare. My undercarriage is finished so they won't be doing that and my body man doesn't want them to do the interior, he wants to finish that (mostly done). So they will do all exterior panels and the engine bay. Hoping for less than $500. As I understand it he then shoots it with a greenish-yellow(zinc based?) coating to prevent flash rust and that will be followed up by primer. Then all secrets are revealed! Post some pics when you have them and I will do the same.

Drew

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
That is a good price. I had mine blasted here in the Chicago area and it cost me $1300. That included pickup and delivery, but I also didn't have them do the doors or one of the fenders. Pics of the before and after on my web site. Good luck. The fun is just around the corner :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts