Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just backed my car out of the garage under its own power for the first time since I've owned the car (2.5 yrs)!!! The idle was a little rough, but I didn't chirp the tires backing it out. The custom hydraulic clutch setup I made works great! Unfortunately, I stalled it trying to get it up the hill of my driveway and now it won't start ::...see previous post for details. At least I got to drive it! I just wanted to share with my extended family on the VMF. What a great feeling!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Jeff,

That's great, congratulations! I can't wait to do that with mine. It's a least a year away, maybe more before I can drive my mustang!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm about a year or 2 away from that. I've kept the engine in the car at the moment while i'm tearing it appart. I'm at the point where the engine is the last thing keeping all the remain
parts in the car.

I like being able to get in the car and drive it out of the garage with no glass or front end sheet metal exept the engine bay

W

·
Registered
446 Posts
congrats, its such a wonderful feeling once it moves under its own power. I know the feeling, although it wasn't as long as 13 years. It is a wonderful feeling, congrats again.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
yeah! Aint it great?!?!?! I've had mine out 4 times since starting it for the first time since '92; definitely a great sedative when tense, a pick-me-up when I'm down.

K

·
0 Posts
Congrats......We just know prior to this you sat in it and made vrrooom, vrooom, noises. :D

Now you can make them for real. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the replies! hopefully i'll get this engine problem figured out by the end of the day so i can really give the neighbors something to complain about. it still looks mean without doors, windows, hood, trunk etc etc ;).

Jeff

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's great!! Keep us informed and encouraged.

Can't wait to put th eMach 1 back on the road.

-BS

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I traced my problem back to a faulty battery and replaced it...the car started right up! I actually drove out of my driveway and through the neighborhood...I really got some strange looks from kids getting off the bus (as well as the bus driver) in addition to people driving in the neighborhood. I even passed a couple of guys drinking beer in their garage and I could see them shout encouragements (I hope...I couldn't hear over the engine) and smile. It was truly a great feeling until the car quit at the end of my neighborhood...still have to address the idle! I'll hopefully post some videos and pics soon.

Jeff

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! My Mach1 will be running very soon. Can't wait to post on a similar subject. Woohoo!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Congrats!! I know what's like to have it and not be able to drive it, my GT sat in the body shop for 2 yrs, believe it or not I went to see it almost weekly! I knew it ran but I couldn't touch it during that time. It's a great feeling to get it rolling for sure. Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts