Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sticking with the 4 drum brake system on my 66. Its stops fine and I have gotten use to them. I need to replace the master cylinder that has a slight leak. Is there an "upgrade" or best single reservoir master cylinder that I should go with ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
The consensus is to upgrade to a dual bowl if staying with drums for added safety. Something I'll be doing this winter.

Steve

·
Registered
405 Posts
NPD has a dual bowl for safety but looks like a single bowl unit. It's a little more pricey though.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Im sticking with the 4 drum brake system on my 66. Its stops fine and I have gotten use to them. I need to replace the master cylinder that has a slight leak. Is there an "upgrade" or best single reservoir master cylinder that I should go with ?

The '67 drum/drum dual bowl MC would be considered an upgrade and is a bolt-on swap.

·
Registered
9,041 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the information I was looking for. Thanks. I'll order the dual bowl kit. Ive had one of the single bowls go out on my 66 F-100 and it aint fun ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me ask one more question. I can pull my brake pedal up about 1" by hand and it sits about that much lower than my clutch pedal. Is that a function of the push rod between the pedal and master cylinder? I wonder if I should get an adjustable rod while Im at it ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts