Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I got a quick question -- What is the technical name for the spring that connects the front drum pads together. I have all of the retaining springs and cable, but that one long spring that runs from one pad to the other within the drum. Once I know the name, I also need to find one for my '67 Fastback. It's been pulling to the left since I got it and I think this is the reason why.
Thanks for the help.
Jerome

Jerome
'67 Fastback
"If it ain't broke, upgrade it anyway."

·
Registered
20,998 Posts
Those springs are typically not sold seperately. You'll have to buy a kit. Fear not the kit is relatively cheap and the springs should be changed with each brake job.

As far as pulling, I don't think that's the problem. Is it pulling all the time or only when you put the brakes on? Check tire inflation, alignment , tire condition ect.. It could be a lot of things. get back with more info.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575517&a=11977890&p=44194856.jpg

Hale Boppe comet shot off my roof. See you can use 100 iso at night with no flash!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I can't speak to the pulling problem, but I can tell you that you will not get that spring
in any spring rebuild kit. I just went through all this and finally had to order a set from a
specialty obsolete parts house. I posted the details of where I found them recently in this
forum. I'll see if I can locate the posting and add a link to this thread...

Rich
'67 C-code 'vert (Dees67)
'69 GT FB (project car)
Check out my band: Brickyard Blues

·
Registered
652 Posts
Check out this post for details on that shoe retraction spring. Hope this helps...

Rich
'67 C-code 'vert (Dees67)
'69 GT FB (project car)
Check out my band: Brickyard Blues

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is called the return assist spring

Oooo, I get by with a little help from my friends

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I am parting out a '67 coupe. I haven't removed the wheels or brakes yet, but if you don't find a source for the spring or want mine, I'll pull it and send it to you for the shipping cost.

Jason
Formerly Bluestangcom
"Got gas?"
Vintage Burgundy'66 Conv. 289 & C4. GT-ized
Strawberry/Silver '91GT
Rust/Red/Turquoise '67 coupe - Parting Out
Guards Red 2000 Porsche Boxster

http://www.bluestang.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts