Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at post the other day to catch up and I saw a post with a dual carb set up on a tunnel ram. Im looking to do the same but with fogger plates for NOS. Anyone with suggestions or pictures?

·
Registered
99 Posts
You may be refering to my car. First of all for those who say a tunnel ram is not practicle for the street-they are mostly wrong. I say mostly since it is true a TR with two dominators on 302 with mild cam is silly. A properly seleceted TR with healthy cam (not race cam), good heads, and proper carbs jetted accordingly will usually make more power (all over the power band-not just top end) than a single or dual plane manifold.
Look into the archives of HotRod magazine as they recently compared TRs to other intakes and even tried many different carb setups-all with dyno numbers.
There is also a car on the Total Control Products web site with a street driven TR here http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/vehicles/65webb/index.html

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I ran dual quads on a Ford small block a while ago. It looks absolutely killer, I still miss the looks.
However, in the midst of my restomod adiction, I determined that it was somewhat cumbersome to dial in.
I eventually ended up going with a single plane intake and carb and make more power now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Doesn't look as cool though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts