Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just added dual exhaust to my 68 I have min 3/4 to 1 inch separation between the brake line and the exhaust pipe on the drivers side. is this sufficient clearance or should this line be relocated. thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,567 Posts
All 67-73 Mustangs had the rear hose routed for dual exhaust. Just tweak the bracket to get a little more clearance.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,288 Posts
Looking at your pics it appears you have the correct lines for dual exhaust. Yes that should be plenty of clearance.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,288 Posts
All 67-73 Mustangs had the rear hose routed for dual exhaust. Just tweak the bracket to get a little more clearance.
are you certain? I've been researching this lately and it appears that only pertains to 65,66. Most brake line kits for 65, 66 list it as dual or single exhaust, 67 and up only list it's as i6 or v8.....

·
Registered
37,811 Posts
I think you'll be okay. The issue is really having the brake hose touch the pipe.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,752 Posts
are you certain? I've been researching this lately and it appears that only pertains to 65,66. Most brake line kits for 65, 66 list it as dual or single exhaust, 67 and up only list it's as i6 or v8.....
Yep I'd take 22GT's word. He used to work at this shop The Mustang Barn Btw, initially I searched the Mustang Ranch, took a couple minutes to get back to the Mustang Barn. My memory is not what it used to be >:)

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,288 Posts
Ok so I'm in for some education. Is this a pic of a mustang brake line bracket for dual exhaust? Pulled it from Google btw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,288 Posts
Ok maybe I was half asleep when I read the post, I would have sworn it said 65-70 had the same brake line routing and needed to be modded for duals. I apologize to the op and 22gt.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Yep I'd take 22GT's word. He used to work at this shop The Mustang Barn Btw, initially I searched the Mustang Ranch, took a couple minutes to get back to the Mustang Barn. My memory is not what it used to be >:)
One is where you take your ride, the other is where you get taken for a ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts