Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 bias ply tires that came off of the 1970 stang I sold last year. These tires are vintage and like new. The original owner put the tires on and the car sat next to his garage for years. The tires have the 2 thin white lines. Im just trying to get an idea if anyone would have a use for these. They are cool but I cant see myself ever mounting them on a car. Just curious.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
just my opinion - unless they were OEM tires i dont see much of a use. though 'like new' i dont know how much i would trust driving on them - and unless the tires are period correct for whatever application, i dont see much use.

ive seen dual red line tires - but never white - can you post a pic for us?

thanks

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
I remember seeing ads for them in the early '70's. They were pretty common back then.
If anyone has old late 60's early 70's National Geographic magazines or similar, the car ads they always carried near the beginning of the magazine often featured cars with these tires, which were "in vogue" at the time. I had a bunch of these mags, and was flipping through them a while ago - couldn't care much for the articles, but loved looking at the "groovy" hairstyles, ancient Kodaks and Polariods, 8 mm's and so forth. I particularly remember, for no intelligent reason, an ad for a 1971 or 72 Dodge Polara ("Are you a four-door sedan man?") which had these dual white line tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts