Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having duel exhaust installed on my 66 coupe w/ 289 2 barrel. I really like the sound of the flowmaster 40 series mufflers ,original flow, not the delta flow. Does anyone have any suggestions on other mufflers ? Or comments on the 40 series? Thanks !

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Come on shagg give the girl a break. the a and the e are close on the keyboard. By the way, I use the Dynomax turbos. I like the sound but SWMBO doesnt like the noise in the car at 2500 rpm.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
hey... dont even get me started on the conotations of "ponygirl" :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About how much $ do the Dynomax run ? Around the same as Flowmaster??

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think the dynomax are a little less $, not much . I paid $250 for a total 2 1/4" DUAL Exhaust with chrome tips, installed.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Wow that is a great price. In our area the best price I could get from a friend at a shop was $389 front to back for the Magnaflows. All others were from $500 to $700.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys ! This is my 1st Mustang , so I'm always looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just bought mine back in May. So far I've put in a 3 row radiator, new thermostat, fan shroud, fuel pump, starter, master cylinder& wheel cylinders . I'm having the bodywork & paint done over the winter. Hopefully I'll be doing the interior next summer depening on the funds $$$. It's a fun project, i'm really enjoying it !

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Machster1234 ! Growing up my dad had a 55 chevy , That started my interest. He's having a FactoryFive 65 cobra built this winter to be done for spring. Looking forward to crusin' with dad.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there a website where I can hear the sound of the Dynomax?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've heard the Dynomax and really like the sound. Also heard that they do pretty well in making horsepower. Might be a good alternative as opposed to the Flowmasters. Ponygirl, you ought to cruise down to Thornwood, Rosehill Shopping Center has a huge cruisenight Sat. 6-9. Many Mustangs, sure there is a variety of mufflers to test for proper sound. 684 to Saw Mill, exit at Marble Ave and go right for about 1/2 mile to shopping center on left.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speedo : what do you have on yours ? You're pretty close to where I am. I'm up in Putnam .

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I have the Dynomax super turbo's in my 66 coupe. They were about 1/2 the price of the flowmasters. I think they are a little quiter than the flow's until about 4000 rpm.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Dynomax super turbo muffs on my 66 fb . I'm not a fan of flowmasters . Do not like the sound they make . My wife like the sound of my side exit exhaust .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts