Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time last year, I had the car idling out in the street with the bonnet up doing a quick checkup prior to going for a nice long drive. 3 young kids on their bikes crossed the street to come and have a look. Looking into the bonnet one of the kids asked "Does this have turbo?" I couldn't help but laugh. I said sorry kids ...no turbo.
As soon as I said that they completely lost interest and left!
Also, on 2 seperate occasions 2 people took a good look at the 71 Mach1 sitting in the garage and said:
That's a Valiant, isn't it?
Not that it's relevent in the slightest (Hi Laurie!) but they were both women.

cheers to all and have a very safe Xmas.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
"your car is a clone, I know about these things. And by the way it is supposed to have stripes on it." Also very often "thats a 429 right?"

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,629 Posts
Not exactly Mustang, but noteworthy nonetheless...In the early 1970's I had a BMW (this is long before they enjoyed cult status) and some guy at work said "I saw you driving that funny looking Toyota yesterday!!!!" ... he was serious!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
My plain 1969 sportsroof was beside a 69 Shelby at a show and I kept getting asked if my car was a Shelby... may I draw your attnetion to the car to the left.... :wall:

G

·
Sitting at a stop light in my fastback: "How much did you pay for it?"

Kinda stupid question, considering I actually paid $2k for it, but spent $20k more restoring it. :no:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
One of my neighbors telling me my car is a Z28 not a Mustang. he says "I can tell by your tail lights. Mustangs have three verticle lights on each side, your's has one long horizontal light on each side". I had to explain to him the Shelby tail lights, he still didn't get it and disagreed with me. I'm waiting for the day he see's my engine and asks why I put a Ford engine in a Chevy. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I had someone tell me at a car show: Nice Mustang (65 fastback). I used to have one just like it. Only it was yellow not black, it had a 6 cyl and was a convertible. :lol:
Yep, I'm sure it looked just like mine. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
Did you buy it new? My response is always "I was 9 when my (67)car was built." (Do the math)
Dave

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The biggest one that gets me is that when people are looking at my 66 GT fastback they always tell me they had one but it was a 64.5 I used to try and explain to them that they didn't make them but it is always to no avail, they had one in fact one guy has had two. Now I don't say anything except that you should have keep it.

It has occurred to me that the guys who seem to know every thing are the guys who never have anything. You ever notice this?
Al

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wasn't my car but a customers 67 F/B. I man come up to him in the parking lot and said "Wow they sure make these new cars nice" my customer informed him that it was a 40 year old car and the old guy couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
"Is that a Challenger?"

·
7,061 Posts
Did you buy it new?
I get that question a lot too. Only it's a little worse, because I was 6 months old (to the day) when my car was built.

Do you think they say that because we look older than we are or the car looks newer than it is???

I think it must be the car looks newer!

Phil

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
I sure hope it is that the car looks good! :) I was only 3 and a half when mine was built.

John Harvey

·
Administrator
13,022 Posts
How about "Why is the distributor in the front?" LOL
Stan

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
I was in high school, making out with a girl in my car . She said "I might want to go further, too bad you don't have a back seat"

I have a fastback.

Pretty dumb on her part ::

1 - 20 of 87 Posts