Dusting.......

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Ponyboy 
#1 ·
Don't mind me...just in here dusting

#3 ·
Been a bit slow around here , feel free to dust the cobwebs

#5 ·
"hows the CS coming along"

Well...kind've a long story, but to shorten it up...... The "finished" motor was stolen last winter out of the father in laws shop along with a good share of his tools etc.

I do have the car in the garage stripped down....and starting to finally make a little progress....I hope to have it all in primer by spring. Progress forward will pretty much depend on the Job market.... :-( I do have a good share of all the body stuff to rebuild. But the $7000 motor loss may end up having to be converted to a no frills crate now.....

#7 ·
Balanced..complete Eldo power package aluminum heads..we figured right at 400 hp...would have been sweet....

#8 ·
ouch it would have been.

BTW, did you go with a t56 or tko for your tranny you and Ken put in? I'm going to take mine to the shop to get the clutch figured out. I can't figure out why it won't go into gear, but will go when it has the rear up and the front down or when everything is jacked up...
If they can't, I'm going to go a different route.

#9 ·
sounds like the driveshaft may be putting a a bind on the output shaft. have you checked your driveshaft length to make sure it's not too long?

Just a thought.

#10 ·
It is something within the hydraulic clutch and the tranny. It was driven 73 miles prior to removing to paint the car. When removed for that everything was connected. It will not engage when all the wheels are on the ground but will engage when the rears are up and when the fronts are on block and the rears are still on those jacks stands so I'm at a lose. I even went to a Ford tranny guy and he had no idea though he seemed like the exhaust had gotten to him ;)

#17 ·
I have been off this forum for so long, but no more! I have some projects to get done this year on the coup. Main project is installing a T-5. I was going to have Dave at Blue Oval do the job but he went out of business. It's a bummer, Dave did some great work on my car over the past couple years. I also want to install better bucket seats and shoulder belts.

#20 ·
I like guns, Sorry both of you loss motors. Picked up a Saiga 12 gage with two 12 round clips. They make a 20 and 30 round drum for it. Think I could fend off the whole gang bangers at once with this thing.

Heck with the dog beware of the owner. LOL

Troy

#22 ·
Troy, Tricities is about 6 hours from Seattle so a little too far for me but thanks anyway.

Brian, I was looking at The Mustang Shop in Auburn to install a T-5. They bought out B&M in Monroe and my neighbor has taken his newer Cobra to them for work. Any opinions?

Ken, where your Pizza shop is located. I am often around Snohomish for work and I would like to stop by for lunch. Also was trying to remember the name of the fellow VMF member who races at PR and has a shop in the Snohomish/Monroe area. We stopped by his shop one year during a VMF cruise.

#23 ·
Brad:

Pizza place is called Pizza Brava, I'm located next to Baskin & Robins on Avenue D. Stop by and say hi.

Still need a T5 installed? I know a local guy who might be interested in a little side work. If you provide all the parts ;o)

#24 ·
Ken - I will stop by the next time I am working in Snohomish. I was also trying to reach Scott Morton about helping with a T-5. A guy I work with races with him.

Geoff - You should get that exhaust finished so you can put a couple miles on the vert when the weather gets warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.