Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 1965 "Tang Tail Light panel, the Original Tooling has a reputation for a perfect fit. The Dynacorn version is less expensive and I like the weld-thru primer.
Is the Dynacorn as good a fit as OT?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dynacorn is a third party or maybe 4th party depending on how you look at it. They buy from whatever factory put their name on it then sell it to a another reseller to sell to you. So no telling if it's better or not or if they changed factories that week.

On a tail light panel I would go with the original tooling from what I have seen others experiences are with the aftermarket piece. I think it was JoDaddys garage that had bought a repro then ended up scrapping it and buying a original tooling piece.
I also like the cold galvanizing coating that they have on some of their parts but I would much rather have a part that fits better.

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
I would recommend calling NPD and asking for the best available. They will know what it is and they will have it on shelf. I spend eight years restoring my Mustang and I replaced a lot of sheet metal. The primary lesson I learned is always buy the best available. Cheap parts are not a good deal.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I would recommend calling NPD and asking for the best available. They will know what it is and they will have it on shelf. I spend eight years restoring my Mustang and I replaced a lot of sheet metal. The primary lesson I learned is always buy the best available. Cheap parts are not a good deal.
best advice.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
For the 1965 "Tang Tail Light panel, the Original Tooling has a reputation for a perfect fit. The Dynacorn version is less expensive and I like the weld-thru primer.
Is the Dynacorn as good a fit as OT?

The one I got from Summit Racing that was a Scot Drake fit like a glove Compared to 2 others I sent back. They don’t have the correct bend in the panel..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"66 Code" recommended the Original Tooling and I thin I am going to go with that.
It is more $$$$$ but also should be less problems.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I did a side by side review of the dynacorn and original tooling tail light panels a few months ago. Original tooling fit better in all the little details. Hands down its worth the extra dollars. Which last year wasn’t a big difference in price. That said, the repro tail light panels are among the better repro panels out there.

Reactions: Turnall
1 - 7 of 7 Posts