Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

Going to get the car tuned up and dyno tested this Thursday and Friday! I have a 347 stroker and a .520 -.523 lift cam (hydraulic). Alum. Edlebrock intake- Holley 600 cfm. Alum. heads- CNC intake and exhaust runners. Bigger valves 1.60-2.02. Long tube headers. Only running an alt belt-electric h20 pump. Guess on the RWHP and lets see who gets the closest!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
shootin' from the hip... 310rwhp?

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Which type of dyno - ex. Dynojet, Mustang Dynometer?

They'll give different readings. About 13% higher on the Dynojet,

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. The heads are Victor Jr. knock offs :/
2. Edelbrock Performer RPM 289-gasket matched and ported.
3. Cam specs- Duration at .05 is 230-236
Lobe sep-110
4. Its a Mustang Dyno.

310-290 are the only 2 guesses?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thats pretty good and whats it for a C4 a normal 20% loss?

Id figured It would be around 350ish at the crank.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Marcs66and06 said:
Wow thats pretty good and whats it for a C4 a normal 20% loss?

Id figured It would be around 350ish at the crank.
Your figures seem about right. The PC dyno usually is high. Good luck at the dyno, and let us know!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I'm going to guess 345rwhp on a dynojet as bob's untuned 331 made 323hp and this sounds fairly similar, with a little more heads and intake and a little less cam, along with 16ci more. Not enough carb though, I bet a 750cfm would give you 700rpm and more horsepower.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used a formaula I found online for that and the equation said something like 615 cfm-or am i still high from exhaust?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No other guesses for rwhp numbers? Well times getting close- will post them and probably some tears with the low numbers!

·
Registered
382 Posts
i'll go w/ 250...just because :p

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I, also, think you are going to be leaving a little horsepower on the table with that 600 cfm Edelbrock. Ask the dyno tuner what carb he suggests you run.

Tim

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah-let me look at the carb equation again to see what it suggests I use. Have you guys seen the formula before? Ill see if I can get it on here!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Marcs66and06 said:
http://www.classictruckshop.com/garage/shopmathcfm1.php

Okay heres the formula- it still only calls for a 650 @ 100% VE

I had a 650 in mind for the biggest carb I would try on a 347. Anything more will net higher peak horsepower, but will cost bottom and mid range in my opinion.

John

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What's the compression ratio of your engine?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts