Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for dyno testing in Houston TX? Or maybe who to avoid? I want to check how much HP my long rod 302 is really making and play with the timing and fuel curves.

TIA

G

·
0 Posts
I was recently looking in the phone book for a speed shop and passed "Strictly Performance", gave them a call and they said they only did Dyno's. Haven't heard anything about them from anyone. Let me know what you find out, I'll be wanting to dyno my new motor pretty soon also. Thanks
-Ryan

·
Registered
792 Posts
Check with Houston Performance. They have everything you could need and only have heard good things about them. The owner of the shop also has two vintage mustangs.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'll second the recommendation for Houston Performance. Steve is a nice guy, very knowledgeable and likes to race.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've meet Steve several years ago and looked at his 66 f/b he had for sale. Dark Green and covered in dust on the back corner of his shop. He wanted a bit too much for me at the time. I'll give him a call and set up an appointment.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Be sure to let us know how it does on the dyno.I have a long rod 5.0 here and haven't gotten to the track or the dyno yet.Keep us posted...

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think he still has the fastback. It ws in his shop a couple of months ago. I don't remember what he wanted for it though.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIRC, a little rough on the body and interior and non-running, he wanted around $8K for it. Like I said, a bit too rich for me at the time. Of course I found a "bargin" and have spent way too much fixing it. But my current 66 is all mine and done my way /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts