Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a appointment for a dyno run Monday at D I D in Crest Hill. Always woundered if the work I've done added much to the engine. If it doesn't break I think it will be fun.

·
Registered
867 Posts
What kind of numbers are you expecting? I don't remember all the details on your heads, cam, etc of your motor.

Also, let me know how your experience is with this shop, I have been looking for a place to dyno tune my 347.

-kevin

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the original 351-w .040 over, edel. heads, Howards Hyd. cam & lifters, roller rockers, Holley Doub. pump. Mild by todays standards. I think about 270 hp at rear wheels, 290 tq. You always hope for more but it's not a wild engine. I'll post on how things go.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey how about another DYNO Tech Meeting this winter? I know we did this a few years back and it seemed to be fun and interesting.

·
Registered
867 Posts
well, I put together that dyno day, and I am sure I could get something put together again.

I would need a solid 8-10 cars.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's winter meet will guys bring there cars out in bad weather?

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
salt on the roads = mustang in the garage!

(for me at least...)

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here are the numbers, 241 rwhp - 314 rwtq. I asked the tech. and thats about 300hp - 390tq at the crank, about where it should be. Don't know if that's good or bad but everything run fine. Nice shop everyone friendly, for $50 it gave me the real picture.

·
Registered
867 Posts
machblu said:
Well here are the numbers, 241 rwhp - 314 rwtq. I asked the tech. and thats about 300hp - 390tq at the crank, about where it should be. Don't know if that's good or bad but everything run fine. Nice shop everyone friendly, for $50 it gave me the real picture.
Thats respectable and about what I would expect for a mild/medium built 351.

$50 is cheap!!! how many runs did you get? did they use O2 sensors? or offer any tuning advice?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2 runs and it is a M D Mustang Dyno. If AFR is what you mean it was 12.6, also about right. They said it was tuned about where it should be and probably could only pick up a little more. The owner is a member at Autobaun and is going to put a Dyno there so maby next year at the show we could get some runs in.

·
Registered
867 Posts
ah a mustang dyno..those numbers tend to be a little a lower, it usually will cost you about 10-20 HP vs a Dynojet.

So when do you want a put a nice cam in it?? its easily got 50+HP waiting in that 351 to be woken up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could be your right, the cam in it is very mild flat tapet. A roller would bring it up a little. Winter project?????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts