Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my e-brake tonight. The AMK fastener kit I got had some extra pieces. :eek: The kit came with 3 retaining clips for the cable at each bracket, 4 screws to mount the 2 cable straps, and these parts;

4 phillis round head sheet metal screws P&O

The 65 chassis manual shows screws holding the cable brackets to the tunnel. (not the cable staps) My '66 has welded brackets?? Was this a change for NJ or '66 production?

1 Flanged nut cad finish?

Is this for the cable adjustment? I did get 2 plain zinc nuts with the Scott Drake adjuster screw.

TIA

G

·
Got pics? Not sure which pieces you're describing here. The cable brackets in the tunnel have been welded on every mustang I've ever crawled under far enough to see!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an FYI

I just spoke with Max @ AMK. Using the 64.5-65 chassis manual like I did, it does show screws holing the e-brake brakets. Maybe a last minute production change, or just an error in the manuals.

The nut is for the pull side (rear) on the adjuster rod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts