Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever feel the more you fix or restore the more needs to be fixed
My ignition switch was bad so I had to pull the instrument cluster.
So I replaced the cluster lens. To reinstall I had to pull the speedo cable. Putting the cluster back now the lights not working
I just placed an order to CJ Pony for a new head light switch
Deep breath and back to work Monday

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes. My steering box / front suspension project has turned into both front frame rails, aprons, shock tower, firewall patches, and floor boards, cowl hats/ windshield repair... And that is not even with my reading glasses on.

·
Registered
1966 GT Fastback, 289, TKO 5-spd, EFI, 4-discs, TCP coilovers
386 Posts
This is called "going down the rabbit hole" ... and that's if you're just fixing stuff. Then there is the whole other aspect to it, where you say to yourself "I'm already in here - I can't leave that part over there looking that way", followed by "and how nice do I want make this?". The end game, for me anyway, was to do just about everything. It becomes a zen experience ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
In 2005 I decided to install a new set of wiper blades.......

View attachment 748754
Hilarious ... but that is how it is. I don't absolutely have to redo my whole rear suspension, but I am. The rest of the car looks great, but it's a little rusty and dirty back there - can't have that (even though nobody sees it except me). And once you're in, you find stuff ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
WELCOME to the Mustang world, never a dull time, always something to do. If I did not have my cars, I would go CRAZY
My renovation list had 135 "items" on it. Those are all done, but there's 20 new ones. Working on my Mustang is a now a religious experience - nothing else I would rather be (over)doing ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wait- you're only working on 1 car at a time?.... lol
Garage space ... no kidding - to feed my Mustang habit, I have actually been considering a 2-car garage addition to my house - with a lift. When your car addiction expands to needing a different house, you are fully engaged!

·
Registered
213 Posts
AC repair = Total AC replacement + Radio + waterpump + Alternator upgrade + fan clutch/solid fan/shroud upgrade (from orig flex fan and missing shroud) + hoses + belts, intake gasket replacement (leaking oil) not sure where it will stop for this round.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The fuse for the interior light popped so I tried to change it and ended up with this, anyone know of an auto mechanic near me to put it all back?

·
Registered
386 Posts
AC repair = Total AC replacement + Radio + waterpump + Alternator upgrade + fan clutch/solid fan/shroud upgrade (from orig flex fan and missing shroud) + hoses + belts, intake gasket replacement (leaking oil) not sure where it will stop for this round.
Engine upgrade ... :oops:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I put my '65 on Jack stands to replace the idler arm and bushing. Ended up adding a roller idler, inner and outer tie rods, LCAs, UCAs, ball joints, sway bar, GT springs, shocks, and did the Arning/Shelby 1" UCA drop.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts