Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early 60's Borg Warner T-10 4 speed with the rare 5 bolt V8 bell housing. Came out a 64 Falcon and was in good shape and ran fine when pulled. It comes with the shifter linkage, shift box, and new original (Falcon) chrome shifter handle. Should work in an early Mustang V8. Basically everything needed.

A little dusty from sitting in the garage for a bit. Little to no caked on grime.

Shift arm box was recently rebuilt.

Castings:

Transmission: T10B-1
Tail: T10H-7A
Bell Housing: C3AA-6394-C

Asking $1000 obo + shipping. Located in Austin. Would love a local pickup.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can deliver in person to anyone living on the route between Austin Texas to Southern California and or off the 5 from California to Seattle Washington to help save on shipping costs and keep it low.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I hope I am helping but that transmission wont fit in any mustang; not because of the narrow pattern of the mount with the 5 bolt bell (as there will be mustangs with 5 bolt blocks of course. BUT...... the tail housing has the shifter mounted forward of where it should be for a mustang. And while I know there is a cure or band aid to use with a top loader with the shifter mounted forward; I don't know if you can do it with the T-10.
Then of course those factors effect the price.
Good luck.!

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
My 65 Fastback still has it's original T-10 and the shifter is mounted to the very aft end of the tail housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts