Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a picture of the underside of the hood to show the correct wiring routing and fasteners. My car is a December 1966 build, it does not have the two large holes to route the turn signal wires through. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I’m looking for a picture of the underside of the hood to show the correct wiring routing and fasteners. My car is a December 1966 build, it does not have the two large holes to route the turn signal wires through. Thanks!
If this helps. My 67 GT has an N.O.S. hood & lights I bought. It's a May 67 NJ built car. My setup is based off a number of cars from this area.
Note the hole grommets is now available from some vendors.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice pictures ; however, the OP specifically noted that his was an Early (Dec 66) 1967 Model which did not have the two large holes to which you added the incorrect "starred" grommets. Therefore, your example does not apply.

Bob

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Nice pictures ; however, the OP specifically noted that his was an Early (Dec 66) 1967 Model which did not have the two large holes to which you added the incorrect "starred" grommets. Therefore, your example does not apply.

Bob
Yes, he's asking for early. Waiting to how much different early vs late there really is.

I know my hole grommets not exactly correct (from the electronics world I work in) but up until recently none repro where even available. Something was better than nothing. And most don't know.

Just like 67 grilles orig never black yet most folks paint them black. Focused on bigger things, mine NOS blueish green.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the quick help. The car is a 7T02C (Metuchen), built on Jan 4, 1967. The first scematic looks like what I am after, it matches the screw holes I have in the underside of the hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts