Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 69 is in a shared private closed garage. It's safe from the elements, but I'd prefer to keep it covered to avoid attention. Is there a car cover or sheet out there that can simply drape over the car? I already have a weather-proof/thick car cover, but it's a pain in the ass to take on and off. I just want something I can drape over the car with ease every day. Any options out there?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well I have an old flannel sheet from a queen size bed..works out really nice..It don’t cover the whole car but its close enough..On and off quickly

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I just got one of these, for the exact same reason. It's really nice and fits like a glove. And way easier to put on and take off than my traditional covers. Really pleased with it!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I just got one of these, for the exact same reason. It's really nice and fits like a glove. And way easier to put on and take off than my traditional covers. Really pleased with it!

I have this same cover, its a fantastic indoor car cover. Perfect fit and the stretchy fabric is like a T shirt material.

It does have elastic around the bottom so it takes more than just throwing it over the car and walking away like a sheet or blanket

Reactions: KD83

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have what looks like a real cheap cover, no elastic at all. It looks just like the one I used to have on my 66FB until I got a better one. All I did was throw it on, literally. You are welcome to it if you will pop for the postage. I’m in the central Florida area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have one for the exact same reason. Got it from car cover world. Dustop® Indoor. C10842TS
Easy on and off and is lightweight.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
I use paint masking film. Comes in a roll of 200' or more. Dirt cheap, weighs nothing and when it gets dirty, throw it away and roll out a fresh piece.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
im dead against covering any car inside with other than a bed sheet as previously mentioned. unless you have a climate controlled space
If the garage is no properly ventilated and it dont matter what Ev3 cover you buy it will trap moisture and wreck havoc with your chrome

I keep both mine un covered inside. sure its collects dust like a banshee but my chrome is still nice

if you cover them outside the dust will still get through and the wind over time can remove paint from the corners

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your feedback. This has been really helpful.

I kind of like the bedsheet idea; mainly for it's ease of use and simplicity, but I'm not sure they sell bedsheets 16 ft long. :) Guess I'd have to sew a couple together? :ROFLMAO: The paint masking film is also interesting.

Appreciate all the recommendations for actual car covers, but they all seem like a bit of overkill given my current situation. Thanks again for all the help!

·
Registered
648 Posts
California Car Cover Co. used to have a chart online to point you towards the correct cover depending on indoor/outdoor, waterproof and I forget what else you could factor in. Don't know if they still have that usage chart available. Elastic at the bottom on the corners keeps them in place. Mine is used indoors primarily against dust. Dave R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts