Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use any of their primers or clears? What is your feedback or suggestions?

I am putting together my paint budget

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I asked around about that stuff, I also saw an episode on tv that used the single stage paint and it turned out really bad. So I started asking about the summit brand paints and got some great reviews and also saw it used on an episode of trucks with great results.

So I will most likely go with summing base/clear unless my local jobber wants to give me a price break.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the summit stuff is just relabeled UPOL products, if that helps you getting your price break.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Their Diamond Clear is the only one I have used that does not yellow when heated. Like on an intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
does Hopkins & Kipp still sell automotive paint supplies in wooster?

If yes, stop in and talk with them about a line of paints and your budget.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they have changed hands twice now. They are a BASF jobber, and i am checking with them. Thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
SPI has great epoxy primer and clear coats for a really good price.
Check out the reviews over at Hotrodders pro paint forum for more recommendations of SPI and their products:
Body - Exterior - Hotrodders Bulletin Board

SPI website and prices:
Pricing Info

EDIT: If SPI does not have a Jobber in your area, they ship the paint for free to your door step

·
Registered
72 Posts
not for nothing but i tried their cast iron manifold paint very bad.followed the instructions and it peeled did not last one summer.used vht header paint very good.....

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
i just used their urathane primer , great stuff ! high build and easy to sand .
i used it on a spot repair on my vert and a 1950s ge fridge i restored . i'd use it again (running low) but the locked california out from buying it now . f*%! ing epa !!
We recently launched a line of Low-VOC paint products that can be shipped to California. The primer is here: EW Low VOC Gray Urethane Primer Gal

Hope that helps!

-Matt/EW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts